Script Brush Lettering 101
Saturday, June 3, 2017
4:30pm - 7:30pm
$165 per person*
All supplies included.
The wonderful Maurelle is back again with a fabulous new workshop... learn to create beautiful contemporary pointed brush script lettering! Learn the basic rules that you can eventually break to find your own style that translate your positive energy using brush pen and paper.
In this 3- hour intensive workshop, we will cover the fundamentals of modern script brush lettering.
You will learn the following :
1. Correct way of holding both felt and watercolour pen brush, proper posture and body mechanics
2. Using watercolour in brush lettering
3. The most important drills and proper strokes to create letter forms
4. How to write the complete lowercase alphabet*
5. Connect letters the right way
6. Techniques to lay out your piece This workshop is for beginners , no experience necessary.
Workshop kit that you will take home includes: Watercolour brush pen, watercolour set, felt brush pen, smooth pad for brush lettering practice, instructional manual and guidelines, uppercase and lowercase exemplar
Light refreshments will be served.
NOTES: * Due to time constraint we cannot have a in-depth study of the capital letters. It will still be discussed briefly during the course
Limited seats so register early!